Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Didn't Know My Fingers Could Do That

Can you say P.A.I.N?




It's getting better, but it's taken a while for the callouses to build up and not hurt so bad. I started by practicing in the morning for a little while, and then again in the evening for a little while too. Well, the evening sessions always hurt the most, because my fingers were still on fire from the morning.

I read that if you soak your fingers in rubbing alcohol after you play, it helps build up the callouses. Well, I tried that and I don't know if it helps the callouses at all, but it soothes the burn for sure.

At least until you take your fingers out of the alcohol. Then they burn again. But hey....the fact that you don't feel pain for a while after playing....that's pretty nice.

And who knows? Maybe it helps build up the callouses so it won't burn forever? Let me know if you have any other suggestions that work. Pain and I don't get along too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment